STRONG & CALM
In this Hatha-inspired Therapeutic yoga class we will focus on strengthening the body and mind, with a view to the nervous system and its role in the body’s natural relaxation response. In this class, you can expect:
- Slower, dynamic, mindful movement;
- Longer time spent in poses (anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds);
- Focus on body awareness and your body’s alignment;
- Breathwork (Pranayama) that specifically targets the Parasympathetic (“rest, digest and restore”) nervous system; and,
- Increased time in end-of-class relaxation.
This class is suitable for all levels and modifications will be offered throughout the class. Our six-week introduction to yoga, Beginner’s Mind, is recommended before taking this class.